During our last trip to Vancouver we stayed at the Westin Grand Hotel on Robson Street in downtown Vancouver. The kids loved being close to downtown’s attractions (and the great swimming pool) – and the nearby SkyTrain made getting almost anywhere very easy.
For the best rates hotelscombined.com will likely beat the hotel’s official rate by 20% to 40%.
- Review from Frommers.com
- Review from Fodors.com
- Reviews from Tripadvisor
- Review from a travel blog
- Nearby restaurants (over 50 within a 3 block radius)
What we liked:
- The swimming pool – A fantastic outside heated pool with accompanying hot tub. The deck has sun chairs and great views of the surrounding skyline.
- The location – Situated just a few blocks from the intersection of Robson and Granville streets the hotel is located near many of the adult and kid-friendly highlights of Vancouver.
- The breakfast – We didn’t eat lunch or dinner at the hotel’s restaurants but the breakfast was among the best I’ve ever had. Fantastic.
- Very spacious rooms – Separate sleeping areas for the parents and the kids made for a pleasant stay. The rooms also had a good sized bathroom which made getting ready in the morning easy and quick.
- The kitchenette – A great way to save money. The fridge, dishwasher, sink, bowls, plates, and cutlery allow for eating snacks and small meals without visiting another restaurant.
What we didn’t like:
- Not much. There were times we might have wished to be closer to Stanley Park but, as I said above, being right in the thick of Robson and Granville was great. You do have to pay for parking, as it’s quite scarce on the surrounding streets, but that goes with being in downtown Vancouver and is hardly the fault of any hotel.
The Grand Westin is a great hotel. The kids loved it but I’d recommend it for anyone – with or without children.