Updated: November 15, 2017
Singapore Family Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Singapore is a wonderful year-round destination. The weather is just about always great and it’s not hit by the monsoons like other SE Asian destinations.
- The best family apartment in Singapore is the beautiful Ascott Orchard Singapore – the 2-bedroom suite sleeps a family of 4 and has a full kitchen. Good location too.
- The best budget hotels for families are Fragrance Hotel – Balestier and Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre.
The 3 Best Hotels for Families in Singapore
Shangri La Hotel Singapore – luxury
Feels like a beach resort in the center of the city. An awesome pool sits amid the gardens. Great location near the shopping of Orchard Road. Breakfast buffet is the best in Singapore. Staff is friendly to a fault. Babysitting available. Jacuzzi, spa, sauna, and steam room. Phone: +65 6737-3644
Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort – luxury
The only true beachfront hotel in Singapore. The hotel was fully renovated in 2011 and is stunning and luxurious. If you’re looking for a beach holiday near Singapore this is the place. A beautiful lagoon pool (and separate kids pool with slides), kids club, 3 restaurants, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, spa, and health club. Great for families. Phone: +65 6275-0100
Sofitel Sentosa Resort & Spa – luxury
Premier rooms have 2 single beds and a king bed in a separate bedroom (for family of 4). There are also 2-bedroom villas with private pool (for family of 5). The hotel has beautiful gardens, a huge pool, jacuzzi, sauna, spa, nearby golf course, tennis and squash courts. Phone: +65 6275-0331
More Hotels for Families
- Holiday Inn – Orchard City Centre
Twin rooms sleep 4. Great rooftop pool.
- Marina Bay Sands
Suites for family of 4. Wonderful pool.
- Fort Canning Lodge (YWCA)
Rooms sleep 3 and 4. Large outdoor pool.
- Bayview Hotel Singapore
Family rooms are 2 inter-connected rooms.
- PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Family and quadruple rooms. Nice outdoor pool.
- Resorts World Sentosa Festive Hotel
Quadruple and deluxe family rooms. Large outdoor pool.
- York Hotel Singapore
Quadruple and family rooms. Small pool.
- Hotel 81-Tristar
Inexpensive family rooms. Nice pool.
- Hotel Supreme Singapore
Large budget family rooms have 2 queen beds.
What are the best areas to stay in Singapore for families?
Tourists stay in 4 main areas of Singapore:
- Orchard Road – Most popular for tourists, great for big shopping malls and sidewalk shopping. Large chain hotels are well represented here.
- Historic District – Close to museums and tourist sights. Smaller boutique hotels are popular here (and in nearby Chinatown).
- Marina Bay – Mainly for business travelers who need to be close to the Suntec and Sand’s convetion centers (though Singapore is pushing to expand the appeal of the area as a 24/7 destination).
- Sentosa – A nearby island filled with theme park attractions, beach activities, 2 golf courses, Universal Studios, bars, restaurants, and several luxury resorts.