Updated: October 23, 2017
Seattle Family Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Hotelscombined.com – Great site for booking Seattle hotels.
- The best area to stay for families visiting Seattle is downtown and north towards Seattle Center. As a rule of thumb, try to stay within 5 blocks of Pike Place Market – but not on the waterfront which is awkwardly cut off from downtown even though it appears on the map to be close.
- Best cheap hotels for families in Seattle: Space Needle Travelodge (near Seattle Center) • University Motel Suites (not downtown).
- Good quality restaurants in downtown Seattle that are kid-friendly include the Steelhead Diner (seafood/americana), Von’s Gustobistro (a bar/restaurant/distillery with great food), Alibi Room (even more bar like than Von’s, great happy hour food), Serious Pie (awesome pizza, beer, and desserts), Pike Brewing Company (good pub food and beer).
- The best playground near downtown is Artists at Play – beside the EMP in Seattle Center (a 20 minute walk from downtown or take the Monorail). The small play area at Westlake Park Playground is the only playground in the downtown area.
The 7 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle – luxury
Suites are large and beautiful and will comfortably sleep a family of 4. The outdoor pool has views of the waterfront (and the pool is heated too so you can swim all year round). There’s a jacuzzi, spa, and fitness center. Bay View rooms look out over the waterfront, passing ferries, and the new Seattle ferris wheel (city views look the opposite way). The hotel is steps from Pike Place Market with the Seattle Art Museum, many restaurants, and shopping all within a short walk. Phone: +1 (206) 749-7000 • Full review of the Four Seasons
The Westin Seattle – luxury
A great hotel in a great location. Close to the malls, shopping, great restaurants, and monorail in downtown Seattle. Fantastic views of the water, city, and mountains (the hotels twin towers are 47 floors high). Many great restaurants within 2 or 3 blocks (Serious Pie is the best and has amazing pizza, beer, and desserts). The pool is indoor and very kid-friendly. Phone: +1 (206) 728-1000
Alexis Hotel – luxury
This is an awesome boutique hotel with loads of charm and huge suites. The Hotel 1000, directly across the street, gets more press but I the Alexis is warmer and friendlier. Pike Place is a 5 minute walk in one direction and Pioneer Square the same in the other. The Bookstore Bar & Cafe is one of the coolest bars in downtown Seattle and specializes in high end whiskeys – kids are allowed on the cafe side. Phone: +1 (206) 624-3646
Silver Cloud Hotel Stadium – moderate
Great location for Seahawks, Mariners, or Sounders games. (But a little out of the way to see the rest of the city’s attractions.) Light rail, a few restaurants, and a family-friendly brewery are nearby. Free shuttle will take guests anywhere in Seattle. Heated rooftop pool and jacuzzi are kid-friendly. King suites are large. As I say, this is a great hotel to see a football, baseball, or soccer game but if that’s not a priority then look at the Silver Cloud in South Lake Union. Phone: +1 (206) 204-9800
Residence Inn – moderate
1 and 2 bedroom suites sleep family of 4 to 6. Full kitchen, nice pool, free breakfast, and happy hour. Walking distance to the very cool (and kid-friendly) Museum of History and Industry and the streetcar to downtown goes right by the hotel. Phone: +1 (206) 624-6000
The Maxwell – moderate
Fun, family-friendly hotel with lots of character. Junior Suites have 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. There’s neighborhood feel to the surroundings and the hotel is walking distance to Seattle Center, the monorail, many restaurants, and 3 grocery stores. Complimentary shuttle bus takes guests pretty much anywhere in the city. Free parking and free wi-fi. The swimming pool is small but still nice for a dip. Pizza joint connected to the hotel. Phone: +1 (206) 286-0629
Mediterranean Inn – budget
Good value hotel very close to Seattle Center and a large Safeway. Rooms have kitchenettes and there’s 24 hour guest laundry. Free coffee, bottled water, and microwave popcorn. Phone: +1 (206) 428-4700
More Hotels for Families
From June to September Seattle’s best hotels can be booked solid. Here are a few more hotels with triples, quads, or family rooms if the above hotels are fully booked.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
King and 2-bedroom suites (2 queen, 1 sofa bed) sleep 5+. Free breakfast, free wifi.
- Homewood Suites Seattle-Downtown
2-bedroom suites sleep 6 (1 full, 1 king, 1 sofa bed). 1-bedroom suites sleep a family of 5. Free breakfast, free wifi, full kitchens in every suite.
- Courtyard Seattle Downtown Lake Union
King and double rooms sleep 4. Indoor pool, jacuzzi.
- Holiday Inn Seattle
Family rooms sleep 4. Breakfast included. Small pool. Free wifi.
Family Apartments in Seattle
Apartment rentals for families in Seattle. All units have kitchens, washer/dryer, and free-wifi.
- Staybridge Suites Seattle – Fremont
Two-bedroom suites sleep families of 4 to 6.
- Seattle Experience Apartment – Downtown
Two-bedroom apartments sleep up to 7.
- Puget Lights Apartment – Queen Anne
Two-bedroom apartment sleeps family of 6.
- Ocean View Apartment – Downtown
Large apartment sleeps family of 4.
- Deluxe Apartment Downtown Seattle – Pioneer Square
Three-bedroom apartment sleeps family of 6.