Updated: June 12, 2017
Santorini Family Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- The Villas at Aria (in Fira) are the most luxurious places to stay in Santorini for families. (They’re separate from the hotel suites, brand new, and simply stunning.)
- Oia is the best town to stay in with very young kids (especially if you need to use a stroller as there’s a long walkway that’s largely flat). Fira is best for kids older than 6 or 7 as there’s just more to do. Fira is also a lot closer to the beaches (e.g. Kamari and Perissa). Imerovigli has the best views of any town, has the best restaurants in Santorini, and is still an easy walk from shopping, nightlife, and activity of Fira.
- Aria Suites is the best luxury hotel in Fira for families.
- Agali Houses is the best luxury in Firostefani for families.
- Astra Suites is the best luxury hotel in Imerovigli for families.
- Golden Sunset Villas is the best luxury hotel in Oia. (No pool but steps from the Lioyerma public pool and restaurant.)
- Good cheap family hotels in Santorini: San Giorgio Villas (Fira) • Merovigliosso Apartments (Imerovigli) • Anemomilos Hotel Apartments (Oia)
- The best kid-friendly tour is the Santorini 7-Hour Volcano Adventure with Cruise which includes swimming in the volcanic hot springs, hiking the volcano, and touring the incredible caldera. Highly recommended!
The 15 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels on Santorini
Golden Sunset Villas – Oia
This is one of the most incredible and unique places to stay on Santorini – and kids love it. It’s a converted windmill (pictured at the top of the page) that you can sleep and stay in. It has 3 levels: small kitchen on the ground floor, queen bed and bathroom on the 2nd, and kids’ bed on the top floor that sleeps 2. The one caveat is that the stone steps are a little tricky for young kids and I wouldn’t want to be carrying a baby up and down them. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 071001)
Aria Suites – Fira
Great location a short walk from central Fira but down a quiet lane away from the crowds. Nice pool. Views of the caldera but the hotel is located just back from the cliff so it’s one of the few luxury hotels that allows children. The Carmen and Norma suites are the largest and comfortably sleep a family of 5. (Hotel phone: +30 22860 28650)
El Greco Hotel – Fira
Large triple and quad rooms. Multiple swimming pools including kids pool and jacuzzi. Free simple breakfast. Located a little south of central Fira but still a short walk to restaurants and shops of town. (Hotel phone: +30 22860 24946)
Kamares Apartments – Fira
Apartments are perfect for a family of 4 or 5. No pool but most apartments have their own private jacuzzi with stunning views of the caldera. 3 minute walk to central Fira. Free breakfast. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 028110)
Caldera Butterfly Villas – Fira
Clean simple rooms with incredible caldera views. The pool is great. Family suites are large, sleep 6+, and have kitchenettes. It’s a 20 minute walk to the center of Fira or take the free shuttle. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 024856)
San Giorgio Villas – Fira
The cheapest hotel with quality family rooms in Fira. Quadruples have 2 twin and 1 full bed. Central Fira is a 2 minute walk away. The bus station is 5 minutes. Phone ahead or email ([email protected]) and they’ll pick you up for free from the port or airport. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 023516)
Agali Houses – Firostefani
Great hotel for families. Large pool has wonderful views of the caldera and rooms are large. Only drawbacks: rooms are nice but lack character; lots of steps up and down. (Hotel phone: +30 22860 22811)
Vallas Apartments – Firostefani
Great views, location, and amenities. These are very good value. Both the Two Bedroom House (big) and the Family Suite (bigger) have kitchenettes and sleep 5. It’s an easy 15 minute walk to Fira (coming back is uphill). (Hotel phone: +30 2286 022050)
Astra Suites – Imerovigli
Large family suites at one of the best hotels on Santorini. Beautiful pool and incredible sunset and caldera views. Along with Aria Suites this is probably the most luxurious hotel with caldera views that allows children. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 024763)
Tholos Resort – Imerovigli
Tholos is next door to Astra. Similar but a little cheaper and not quite as luxurious. The Cave Suite has a hot tub and sleeps 6 in a pinch (4 comfortably). Breakfasts are huge and delivered to your patio table. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 022618)
Kasimatis Studios – Imerovigli
A wonderful hotel with nice pool and good views. The Traditional Cave Apartment with Hot Tub is perfect for families and is part of the old winery (there’s still the meter-wide hole in the ceiling where the grapes would be dumped into). It’s both practical and enchanting.(Hotel phone: +30 2286 028848)
Merovigliosso Apartments – Imerovigli
The best budget hotel for families in Imerovigli. Great location and a small pool. The description for the 1-bedroom apartment says it has a caldera view – that’s being very generous but it’s still a great deal. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 025950)
Villa Agnadi – near Oia
This is a great value hotel. Wonderful pool, huge rooms, free breakfast. It’s an easy and enjoyable 20 minute walk (once you find the path) along the caldera to central Oia. The bus (to both Oia and Fira) stops directly opposite hotel. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 071647)
The best value hotel for families in Oia. There’s a nice pool with a large deck and sun chairs. Shops and restaurants are a 5 minute walk away. There is a 1-bedroom with hot tub and caldera views and the 1-bedroom with sea view (meaning looking the opposite way of the caldera) is a great deal if you’re looking for something cheaper. (Hotel phone: +30 2286 071410)
Oia Mansion – Oia
This is a huge and wonderful villa that sleeps 8, has incredible sunset views, a huge rooftop deck, full kitchen, and super friendly owners. The shops and restaurants of Oia are just out the gate but since the property sits above Oia’s lanes and alleys you feel completely removed from the crowds.
Smaragdi Hotel – Perissa
Great pool. Convenient location near Perissa beach which has the nicest sand of any Santorini beach and lots of places to eat, drink, and get ice cream. Split level apartments have 2 single beds and a double bed. (Hotel phone: +30 22860 82701)