Updated: January 25, 2017
Hotels for Families in Mexico
The 7 Best Family-friendly Resorts in Mexico
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort (great kids club on a budget)
- Four Seasons Punta Mita (best kids club)
- Ritz-Carlton Cancun (best for babies)
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Hotel Cancun (great kids club, calm beach, very relaxing)
- The Royal Islander (inexpensive Cancun resort)
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa (large rooms, great beach)
- El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel (very kid-friendly vibe)
The 5 Best Destinations for Families in Mexico
My favorite place in Mexico (kids or no kids). Cool town and wonderful beach. Some people don’t like that the town and beach are a few miles apart but I like the distinction and the bike path between the two makes the commute enjoyable. Most people stay at the beach and go into town for the occasional meal or to do some shopping.
2. Isla Mujeres
Playa Norte (North Beach) is the most kid-friendly beach in Mexico. Soft sand, gentle waves, and clear shallow water make for an idyllic setting. There are good restaurants spread along a pedestrian-only avenue in the lively (but not crazy) main town. Most locals and tourists get around the island by golf cart.
Very cool city with a real Mexican feel. Several smaller beach towns are within an hour by car or boat: Yelapa, Mismaloya, Bucerias, and Sayulita.
Lots of big family-friendly resorts with water slides, kids clubs, and huge pools. The area itself doesn’t have a lot of character but the beaches are great and there are good day trips within easy reach.
A fun less-touristy destination with good hotels and lots of charm if you seek it out.