Updated: November 28, 2016
Florence Family Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Hotelscombined.com is the best website for booking family apartments and hotels in Florence.
- Eating, drinking, and relaxing in Piazza Santo Spirito is a highlight of a Florence visit. The best restaurant on the square is the wonderful Borgo Antico. Or grab a pie from the best pizzeria in Florence, Gusta Pizza, and eat on the steps of the square like the locals do.
- The best gelato is at Gelateria Santa Trinita (south of Ponte Vechio).
- This Pizza and Gelato making class is wonderful. Highly recommended and very kid-friendly.
- Need a break from history and churches? Fox in a Box is a ton of fun for the whole family.
The 11 Best Family Hotels in Florence, Italy
- Florence Art Apartments
Wonderful apartment hotel with large suites (of varying size) all with kitchenettes and clothes washer (but no dryer – yes, a little weird). Great central location.
- Palazzo Gamba
Great central location near the Duomo. Nice 2 and 3-bedroom apartments have kitchens and sleep families of 4 to 6 people.
- Hotel Pendini
Quadruple rooms have 4 single beds. 2-bedroom suites have 1 queen and 3 twin beds. Central location.
- Calzaiuoli Hotel
Wonderful 4 star hotel in the middle of Florence. The luxurious Prestige Suite sleeps family of 5. (There are also nice-sized triples.)
- Hotel Pendini
Two-bedroom suites have 1 double bed and 3 singles. Convenient location. Great breakfasts.
- Grand Hotel Minerva
Family suites are large and sleep 4 comfortably. Beautiful rooftop pool has great views of the city.
- Kraft Hotel Florence
Quadruples are good value for families and have 1 double bed and 2 bunk beds. Nice rooftop pool.
- Roma Hotel Florence
Close to train station. Double interconnected rooms sleep family of 5, quadruples sleep family of 4.
- Firenze Number Nine
Family Suites are 2 interconnected rooms that sleep family of 6. Top notch spa has Turkish bath, hot tub, and sauna.
- Corte dei Medici
Family suites have 4 twin and 1 queen, or 3 queen beds. Cheap hotel (but clean and nice) for large families.
- Hotel Albani Firenze
Inexpensive family hotel with great location (steps from the train station). Family rooms have 4 single beds or 1 double and 2 singles.