Updated: October 22, 2017
Amsterdam Family Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com – Best website for hotel deals in Amsterdam.
- The NEMO Science Center is one of the best kids/science museums we’ve ever been to. Highly recommended.
- The I Amsterdam City Pass is excellent value (especially the 72 hour version). The Amsterdam Private Group Walking Tour is a great tour for families.
- Vondelpark is the best park in Amsterdam for kids. There’s a good playground and lots of space to run and wander. It’s walking distance or a short tram ride from most hotels in central Amsterdam.
- Renting bikes to get around the city is lots of fun. MacBike has a large selection and many locations. Bike City is my favorite and good if you don’t want “tourist bikes” with advertising painted all over them.
- My favorite neighborhood in Amsterdam is the Jordaan but anything within the Singelgracht canal – which roughly marks central Amsterdam from outer Amsterdam – is convenient and family-friendly.
- For most families the Linden Hotel (great location, good rates, friendly staff, lots of nearby restaurants) in the Jordaan is probably the best choice.
- The best budget hotel for families is the Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark.
- Highly Recommended: Do an overnight bike trip to Edam then take the ferry from Volendam and return through Marken. It’s a perfect length for a family with kids 8 or older. The Hotel & Restaurant De Fortuna, beautifully situated on an Edam canal is close to idyllic.
The 10 Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
Pulitzer Amsterdam – Luxury
Linden Hotel – Moderate
Hotel CC – Moderate
NH Amsterdam City Centre – Moderate
Max Brown Hotel Amsterdam – Moderate
Hotel Amstelzicht – Moderate
Golden Tulip West – Moderate
The Bridge Hotel – Moderate
Tulip Inn Amsterdam Centre – Budget
Avenue Hotel – Budget
More Hotels for Families
Amsterdam hotels with large quadruple or family rooms.
- WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
Quadruples rooms have 4 single beds and hotel has an outdoor swimming pool (open in summer).
- Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
- Okura Amsterdam Hotel
Family room and hotel has an indoor swimming pool.
- Best Western Leidse Square Hotel
- The Times Hotel Amsterdam
Quadruple room with 4 single beds and canal view.
- Hotel Vondel
Large loft rooms with living area sleep family of 4.
Family Apartments in Amsterdam
Apartment rentals for families in Amsterdam. All units have kitchens. Most have washer/dryer and free-wifi.
- Sunny Houseboat
Beautiful spot right on the canal. Owner will lend you bikes and a small boat. There are 3 bedrooms but they only like to rent to maximum of four people.
- Canal Boutique Apartments – Moderate
Family rooms sleep 4. Apartments sleep 6. Penthouse apartments are huge and beautiful.
- Amsterdam Apartments Alexander’s
2-bedroom apartments sleep family of five or six, 1-bedrooms sleep four
- Vondelpark Apartment Suites
1-bedroom apartments sleep family of 4
- Plantage Garden Apartments
Split level 2-bedroom apartments have full kitchen and dining room