Looking for a fun-filled destination for your next family holiday?
Whether you’re an Australian local or flying in from overseas, Sydney is an absolute must-see with the kids.
Come for the weekend or for the 2 week school holidays – here are the top 10 Sydney attractions for kids and families:
- Luna Park — This fantastically fun park features 17 rides for a day of non-stop family fun. Get lost in the excitement at the nostalgic mirror maze or enjoy a night of frantic fun at Friday Night Lunacy.
- Australian Museum — Explore fascinating exhibitions, natural history, and fun historic collections at Sydney’s oldest museum. Don’t miss the exciting dinosaur exhibit or educational hall of bones, where you can see your own bones at work.
- Taronga Zoo — View exciting Australian wildlife up close and personal as well as some of the most unique creatures on Earth. Don’t miss the Gorilla Forest and Chimpanzee Exhibit that are sure to be a hit.
- National Maritime Museum — Scale an authentic 19th century lighthouse at this interactive maritime museum. Named one of the 12 coolest museums in the world, you’ll love the fascinating exhibits, fun activities and historical artefacts.
- Sydney Beaches — Visit some of Sydney’s best known beaches, including iconic Bondi and Manly. You can also check out some of the lesser known shores, such as calm protected waters of Shelly Beach that make it perfect for swimming.
- Sydney Aquarium — View a variety of exciting fish, sharks, sea turtles and other maritime creatures as they swim above your head at the Sydney Aquarium. Feed the sharks and see the amazing dugongs, that werw once mistaken for the mermaids of the seas.
- The Entrance — Head outside of the city and escape to a quiet retreat for a day of fishing, hiking or swimming. Make sure to take part in the Pelican Feeding each day at 3:30 pm and don’t forget to check out Vera’s Water Garden for a wet and wild time.
- Fairfield City Farm — Just west of the CBD is the 580 acre cattle and sheep farm that makes for a great day out in the country. Get a dose of sheep shearing, cow milking and other fun Australian rural activities that’ll be a sure fire hit with the kids.
- Australia Reptile Park — Visit the famous 5000 kg crocodile, Eric, in the sensational alligator lagoon. You can also check out a large variety of marsupials, birds, reptiles and other fun Australian animals at this unique wildlife sanctuary in the Central Coast.
- IMAX Theatre — In the heart of the Sydney CBD is the world’s biggest IMAX screen looming at almost 30 metres high. With plenty of 3D and 2D adventures to see (including the upcoming first instalment of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) – the IMAX Down Under experience is truly out of this world.
There are plenty of great attractions in this great city — attractions that maybe even the locals don’t know about! Meanwhile, the weekend paper also includes listings of fun kid-friendly events week to week. Book cheap flights to Sydney and embark on one of the best family holidays of your lifetime.
Author Bio: Paige Green writes for Flight Centre, Australia’s leading travel companies – find plenty cheap flights to some of Australia’s best holiday destinations.