What are the best hotels for families in Singapore?
- Shangri La Hotel Singapore (Luxury) – Awesome pool and great location. Babysitting available.
- Swissotel Merchant Court (Moderate) – Great pool and a kid-friendly attitude with staff. Close to MRT station and many restaurants. Babysitting available.
What are the best budget hotels in Singapore?
- Wink Hostel (Budget) – The best cheap hotel/hostel in Singapore. “Pods” give guests more privacy that the typical hostel. Good location in Chinatown.
- Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen (Moderate) – A good value hotel with small, simple, and clean rooms. Free wi-fi and great location in the Historic District.
What are the best luxury hotels in Singapore?
- Raffles Hotel Singapore (Historic District) – One of the most celebrated hotels in the world. A stay here is an event in itself. 8 restaurants, 2 bars, outdoor pool, sauna, spa, jacuzzi, steam room, and health club.
- Shangri La Hotel Singapore (Orchard Road) – The best amenities of any hotel in Singapore. Huge pool, large rooms and suites, wonderful gardens, 5 restaurants, tennis courts, health club, sauna, spa, jacuzzi, and massage.
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore (Historic District/Marina Bay) – Secluded setting despite its central location. Beautifully landscaped grounds give it an oasis feel. 3 restaurants, outdoor pool, tennis courts, sauna, steam, jacuzzi, and health club.
What are the best areas to stay in Singapore?
Tourists stay in 4 main areas of Singapore:
- Orchard Road – Most popular for tourists, great for big shopping malls and sidewalk shopping. Large chain hotels are well represented here.
- Historic District – Close to museums and tourist sights. Smaller boutique hotels are popular here (and in nearby Chinatown).
- Marina Bay – Mainly for business travelers who need to be close to the Suntec and Sand’s convetion centers (though Singapore is pushing to expand the appeal of the area as a 24/7 destination).
- Sentosa – A nearby island filled with theme park attractions, beach activities, 2 golf courses, Universal Studios, bars, restaurants, and several large resorts.
What are the best hotels on Sentosa island?
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort (Luxury) – The only true beach front hotel in Singapore. The hotel was fully renovated in 2011 and is stunning in a luxurious way. If you’re looking for a beach holiday near Singapore this is the place. A beautiful lagoon pool (and separate kids’ pool with slides), 3 restaurants, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, spa, and health club. Great for families.
- The Sentosa Resort & Spa (Luxury) – Smaller and more refined that the Shangri-La, the Sentosa Resort is perfect for honeymooners or couples seeking a romantic getaway. Lap pool, jacuzzi, sauna, spa, nearby golf course, tennis and squash courts.
Should I book hotels in advance for Singapore?
Yes – as far in advance as is practical. Singapore is a year round destination that sees more and more visitors every year. Hotels can be near capacity on any night of any month of the year. High season is from Christmas through Chinese New Year when the city is even busier than usual.
What is the best way into Singapore from the airport?
The airport shuttle bus hits all the major hotels and costs S$9 for an adult ticket and S$6. It leaves from all 3 terminals and runs 24 hours a day. The trip takes between 30 minutes and an hour depending on what hotel you’re at and how full the bus.
Taxis take 30 minutes and cost S$22 to S$25. Larger cabs that carry up to 6 people cost S$35.
The MRT (Singapore subway) is the cheapest way into the city but least convenient. It takes an hour (including the wait and train switch) and costs S$2.70.
Bus 36 is an express bus from the airport (all terminals) along Orchard Road to the Historic District. It takes an hour and cost S$2.