We stayed at the Rydges Kensington for 2 nights in the Executive One Bedroom Suite and loved it. The hotel has a great location, just a half-block from the Gloucester Road tube stop and about 5 minutes from the Victoria & Albert, Science, and Natural History Museums (all of which are great – and free!)
There are several good restaurants on Gloucester Road (including 3 very good Indian eateries). There are 2 Starbucks nearby as well as a grocery store, a drug store, and a money changer.
- Great location near a bus stop, tube stop, 3 top notch museums, and Hyde Park
- One bedroom suites have separate rooms for kids and adults
- Very good continental breakfast is included for most online bookings
- All the best in-room amenities: safe box, big screen TVs in all rooms, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, espresso maker, and nice shampoos and lotions.
- £20 charge for in-room wi-fi is disappointing (but 2 nearby Starbucks offer free online access)
Here are some pictures of the Rydges Kensington rooms, lobby, and neighborhood.