The 13 Best Family Hotels in Phuket
Holiday Inn Phuket Resort (luxury) – Patong
The most family-friendly hotel in Patong. Great kids club, 3 swimming pools (2 that are very kid-friendly), a play area, and a water slide. Just across from the beach and perfect location for shopping the Patong malls and markets. Phone: +66 76 370-200
Patong Merlin Hotel Phuket (moderate) – Patong
Siam Palm Apartments (moderate) – Patong
2 bedroom apartments are spacious and have fully equipped kitchens. Pool area has lots of shade (maybe too much if you’re really looking for sun but perfect for kids). Good location for restaurants. Phone: +66 76 290-402
Andaman Seaview Hotel (moderate) – Karon
Bauman Casa Resort (budget) – Karon
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort (luxury) – Kata
Boathouse on Kata Beach (luxury) – Kata
Centara Kata Resort Phuket (moderate) – Kata
Family suites are huge (1 king bed and 3 singles) and have a kitchenette. Kids club is nice for kids younger than 7 or 8. There are 3 pools (one is an adult pool, another has water slides). Free shuttle to the beach but the walk isn’t far. Phone: +66 76 370 300
Banyan Tree Phuket (luxury) – Bang Thao
Huge 2-bedroom villas (some with private pool). Great if you’re after a semi-secluded family getaway. Far from Phuket’s touristy spots in the south (which may be good or bad). Bicycles available and several restaurants and beach bars are within an easy walk or cycle. The beach here is wonderful. Great kid-friendly pool. Phone: +66 76 372-400
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket (luxury) – Bang Thao
One bedroom suites and two-bedroom villas (with private pool) are both good for families. A couple of baby elephants roam along the beach (usually in the morning). Pool is huge and kid-friendly. Phone: +66 76 362 999
JW Marriott Resort & Spa (luxury) – Mai Khao
Centara West Sands Resort (moderate) – Mai Khao
Suites are huge and have full kitchens. Free access to the fantastic water park Splash Jungle which is part of the resort. There’s not a lot nearby so I wouldn’t stay here for longer than 2 or 3 days but the water slides make it a very fun treat for the kids. (The photo at the top of this page is my 2 kids swimming in one of the Centara’s pools.) Phone: +66 76 372-000
More Hotels for Families
These hotels have large family rooms.
- Sunwing Resort – Kamala Beach (Kamala)
Huge family suites. 7 outdoor pools
- Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort & Villas (Bang Thao)
Family rooms with kitchenettes.
- Kamala Beachfront Apartment (Kamala)
2 bedroom apartments with kitchens and free wifi.
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket (Karon)
1 and 2 bedroom villas with private pool.
- Holiday Inn Phuket Beach Resort (Mai Khao)
Large family and 2 bedroom suites.
- Duangjitt Resort Phuket (Patong)
Large family suites, wonderful pool.
- Friendship Beach Waterfront Resort (Rawai)
1 and 2 bedroom suites with breakfast.
- The Chava Resort Phuket (Surin)
Huge 2 bedroom apartments and penthouses.
- Poppa Palace Hotel Phuket (Patong)
Good value duplex family rooms.
- Coconut Village Resort (Maprao island)
2, 3, 4, and 5 bedroom villas are immense. Located on a quiet island.
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort (Kata)
Deluxe family rooms with free breakfast.
- Karon Sovereign All Suites Resort (Karon)
2 bedroom family suites with kitchen and living area.
- Rawai Grand House Hotel Phuket (Rawai)
3 bedroom suites fit 6 people. Free wifi.
- Swissotel Resort Phuket (Kamala)
2 bedroom suites. Kid-friendly pool with a waterslide.
- Patong Lodge Hotel Phuket (Patong)
Inexpensive family suites – breakfast included.
- Thailand with Kids
- Villas & Vacation Rentals in Phuket
- Phuket – My Guide to Phuket’s Best Hotels and Beaches
- Phuket with Children – 16 Things To Do
- Phuket 101 – fantastic blog about Phuket
- Phuket with Kids – What To Do
- Family Hotels in Bangkok
- Family Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Family Hotels in Koh Samui
- Family Hotels in Pattaya