Updated: January 9, 2017
Paris Family Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- HotelsCombined.com – Best website for finding hotel deals in Paris.
- Paris has so much to see both indoors and outdoors that it’s a great year-round destination but the very best months to visit are from late April to early October (excluding August).
- The best areas in Paris for families are Saint Germain (central, loads of shops and restaurants), Rue Cler in the 7th Arrondissement (quieter, slower paced, village-like feel, but still close to many attractions and the Eiffel Tower), and the Marais (less touristy, hip and trendy but still family-friendly).
- To save time and money on the metro buy a booklet of 10 tickets called a carnet. They cost 14.40€ and allow 10 rides. Any one ride can last 90 minutes and include transfers.
- Kids (ages 4 to 10) save even more money when buying the carnet since they must pay adult prices for single tickets (1.80€) but get the book of 10 for half-price (7.20€). Kids 3 and under are free on the Paris metro.
- The best luxury hotel for families is the Four Seasons George V.
- Want something in a quiet location? The Gardette Park Hotel – just beyond the Marais district in the 11th arrondissement but still walking distance (or a quick metro ride) to sites and attractions. A great playground and park are right across the street.
- The best budget hotel in Paris for families is Staycity Serviced Apartments.
- The best hotel at Disneyland Paris is Disneyland Hotel Marne La Vallee. Nice pool and located right at the park entrance. Disneyland is 45 minutes by train from central Paris.
- Good restaurants kids will love: Breakfast in America (breakfast all day), Breizh Cafe (the best crepes in the Marais), Le Coupole (historic brasserie in Montparnasse), All Aboard Le Train Bleu (belle epoque style that’s still kid-friendly), Le Relais de l’Entrecote (steak, fries, and scrumptious desserts at 3 locations), Gourmet at Glou (kid-friendly wine bar in the Marais), and for an all-dessert menu Dessance (“cuisine du sucré”).
- The best playground on the left bank is at the Luxembourg Gardens (there’s a small fee). The best playground on the right bank is at the Tuileries Garden.
- Book hotels as early as possible. Paris has an extreme shortage of large rooms for families. If you find something good reserve it as soon as possible.
- The Best Paris Hotel for Babies and Toddlers: The Four Seasons (everything parents could possibly ask for).
The 11 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris, France
1. Four Seasons Hotel George V – luxury
One of the very best hotels in Paris. Good sized swimming pool, and great service and staff. Kids’ bathrobes, greeting gift (for young guests), and complimentary baby food and toiletries. Babysitting services with 24 hours notice. Kids eat for free at the hotel’s restaurants. Family Recreation Manager helps families plan their visit. Close to George V metro station. Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4952 7000
2. Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées – luxury
Wonderful location right on the Champs-Elysées. Large 1 or 2 bedrooms suites easily sleep families of 4 or 6. All suites have kitchens. It’s a 2 minute walk to the George V metro station and 15 minute walk to both the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre. Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4413 3333
3. Le Bristol – luxury
Beautiful spacious rooms. Great indoor swimming pool. Children and families are not an afterthought here and are truly welcomed and pampered. There’s a good kids menu, a garden treasure hunt, and a supervised kids club and playroom. Hotel phone: +33 (1) 5343 4300
4. The Westin Paris Vendome – luxury
Very close to the Renaissance (also kid-friendly) but here you exchange the swimming pool for a larger room and suites are larger still. The Westin has kid-friendly service and great restaurants both in the hotel and just out the door. Tuileries metro station is very close. Hotel phone: 33 (1) 4477 1111
5. Gardette Park Hotel – moderate
This is a great mid-range hotel and one of my favorites in Paris for families on a budget. The family suites have 2 single beds and a queen and are a good size for Paris. Across the street is a park with a playground and there are several good restaurants within a 3 minute walk. A great neighborhood but with few tourists so you feel like you’re really seeing Paris. Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4700 5793
6. Best Western Paris Louvre Opera – moderate
7. Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel – moderate
8. Best Western Premier Left Bank – St Germain – moderate
Great location in the center of St Germain. Triple rooms (2 twin and 1 sofa bed) and quadruple rooms (2 twin and 2 sofa beds). Steps from St Germain des Pres metro station. Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4354 0170
9. Holiday Inn Paris Bastille – moderate
King Suites with sofa bed are good for families. Near Gare de Lyon and many cafes and restaurants. The Holiday Inn has larger rooms than most mid-range Paris hotels. Close to 2 different metro lines makes getting anywhere in Paris quick and easy. The entire hotel is non-smoking. Hotel phone: +33 (1) 5302 2000
10. Staycity Serviced Apartments – budget
Large suites with kitchens and cookware close to Gare de l’Est and Gare du Nord (for Eurostar train to London). Friendly staff. Surrounding streets are not the most beautiful in Paris but there are plenty of places to eat, a food market, and good metro connections with the rest of the city. Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4489 6670
11. Timhotel Palais Royal Louvre – budget
More Paris Hotels for Families
All of these hotels have triple, quad, or family rooms. The larger the room the earlier they seem to be snatched up – so book early.
- Residence La Concorde (1er, moderate, metro: Concorde)
- Hotel du Lion d’Or Paris (1er, moderate, metro: Tuileries)
- Hôtel Residence des Halles Paris (1er, moderate, metro: Châtelet)
- Hôtel Sainte-Marie (2e, budget, metro: Bonne Nouvelle)
- La Maison Favart (2e, luxury, metro: Quatre-September)
- Ascot Opera (2e, moderate, metro: Quatre-September)
- Hotel Americain (3e, budget, metro: Filles du Calvaire)
- Paris France Hotel (3e, budget, metro: Temple)
- Hotel Saint-Louis Marais (4e, moderate, metro: Sully-Morland)
- Appartement Place Jeanne D’arc (4e, budget, metro: Olympiades)
- Residence Henri IV (5e, moderate, metro: Maubert-Mutualité)
- Hotel Claude Bernard Saint-Germain (5e, moderate, metro: Maubert-Mutualité)
- Hôtel Des Mines (5e, moderate, RER: Luxembourg)
- Marignan Hotel (5e, budget, metro: Maubert-Mutualité)
- Hotel Au Royal Cardinal (5e, budget, metro: Cardinal Lemoine)
- Résidence & Spa Le Prince Régent (6e, luxury, metro: Cluny-La Sorbonne)
- Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain – interconnected rooms (6e, moderate, metro: Odéon)
- Hôtel Jardin de l’Odéon (6e, moderate, metro: Odéon)
- Hôtel Eugénie (6e, budget, metro: Odéon)
- Residence Pension Du Palais (6e, budget, metro: Notre-Dame-des-Champs)
- Hôtel du Palais Bourbon (7e, moderate, metro: Varenne)
- Hotel de la Paix Tour Eiffel (7e, moderate, metro: École Militaire)
- Valadon Colors (7e, moderate, metro: École Militaire)
- Champs Élysées Plaza Hotel (8e, luxury+, metro: Saint-Philippe du Roule)
- Londres Et New York (8e, moderate, metro: Saint-Lazare)
- Hôtel Langlois (9e, moderate, metro: Théâtre Mogador)
- Residhome Paris Opéra (9e, luxury, metro: Théâtre Mogador)
- Hôtel De La Paix (15e, moderate, metro: Boucicaut)
- Résidence Alma Marceau (16e, luxury, metro: Alma Marceau)
- Hotel Residence Foch (16e, moderate, metro: Porte Dauphine)
Hotels with Swimming Pools
Family Apartments in Paris
Recommended apartment rentals for families in Paris. All units have kitchens. Most have washer/dryer and internet.
- Apartments Du Louvre
1 and 2 bedroom apartments sleep 4 to 6, the 2-bedroom duplex has a nice deck
- Loft with View of Eiffel Tower
2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, full kitchen, sleeps 5
- Apartment in Latin Quarter
1 bedroom with double bed and sofa bed, 1 bathroom, kitchen, sleeps 4
- Résidence du Lion d’Or Louvre
Loft apartment with kitchen, 1 bathroom, double bed and sofa bed, sleeps 4
- Two, Three, Four Bedroom Apartments
Large apartments with full kitchen and multiple bathrooms, sleep 6 to 8, close to Eiffel Tower
- Champs Elysées Deluxe Residence Apartments
2 and 3 bedroom apartments are large and have air conditioning (nice for July and August).
- Short Stay Apartments Museum View
Cheap 1 bedroom apartments are small but have kitchenettes, sleep 4
- Luxury 3 Bedroom in Paris Center
3 bedroom apartment with en suite bathrooms, full kitchen with stove, washer and dryer
- Private Apartment – Tuileries/Louvre
Inexpensive 1 bedrooms with double bed and sofa bed
- Luxury 2 Bedroom in Marais
2 bedroom apartments with 2 double beds and sofa bed, sleep 6
- Residence Central Marais
1 bedrooms sleep 4, split-level apartments sleep 6
Recommended and Helpful Links
- The 15 Best Luxury Hotels in Paris
- The 10 Best Attractions in Paris – Great video (7 minutes long)
- How To Use the Paris Metro – A very helpful guide for getting around Paris.
- David Lebovitz – Great blog about Paris food. His mini-guide to Paris is also good.
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Paris (2014) – By TimeOut Paris
- A Guide to Paris Bakeries and Pastry Shops – The must-go places for Paris treats: Angelina, Pierre Hermé, Ladurée.
- Paris with Kids – Our guide to Paris
- Europe with Kids – Where to go with kids
- Family Hotels in Lyon
- Family Hotels in Cannes