By David Robert Hogg – Updated May, 2014
The 17 Best Things to do in New York with Kids
Open every day, 365 days a year rain or shine. 8am to 2am. Reviews.
Spring/Summer Hours: (April 1 – October 31) Monday – Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00pm. Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 10:00 am – 6:00pm. Fall/Winter Hours: (November 1 – March 31) Daily (including Holidays) 10:00 am – 5:00pm. Reviews.
Tuesday-Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Closed Sundays, Mondays, and major holidays. Reviews.
Tuesday – Friday 10am – 5pm, Saturday 10am – 7pm, Sunday 10am – 5pm. Reviews.
Open daily from 10 am – 5:45 pm. Reviews.
Open 24 hours. Free. Reviews.
Sunday – Friday 10am to 11pm, Saturday 9am to 11pm. Reviews.
Open everyday 7am to 10pm though this can change with the seasons. Reviews.
Brooklyn. Tuesday – Friday 10am to 4pm. Saturday and Sunday 11am to 5 pm. Closed Mondays and major holidays. Reviews.
Queens. April 1 – August 31: Monday – Friday 9:30am – 5pm. Saturday & Sunday 10am – 6pm. September 1 – March 31: Tuesday – Friday 9:30am – 5pm. Saturday & Sunday 10am – 6pm. Reviews.
Sunday 11am – 9pm. Monday – Thursday 10am – 9pm. Friday & Saturday 10am – 11pm. Reviews.
Departs every half hour. Reviews.
Tuesday to Sunday 10am – 5pm. Reviews.
14. Bronx Zoo
March 23 to November 3: Monday-Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm. Weekends & Holidays 10:00am – 5:30pm. November 4 to April 4: Daily 10:00am – 4:30pm. Reviews.
Sunday to Tuesday 10am – 7pm. Wednesday and Thursday: 10am – 8pm. Friday and Saturday: 10am – 9pm. Reviews>
Queens. Wednesdays–Thursdays: 10:30am – 5:00pm. Fridays: 10:30am – 8:00pm.
Saturdays and Sundays: 11:30 am – 7:00pm. Reviews.
Friday 10:30am – 8pm. Saturday to Thursday 10:30am to 5:30pm. July 4–August 29: Thursday open until 8:00pm. Reviews.
The Best Playgrounds in New York City
- Pier 25 (pictured above), Hudson River Park
- Union Square Park. Lots of fun, new, and interesting equipment.
- Central Park has 21 different playgrounds. The Ancient Playground, Billy Johnson Playground, Diana Ross Playground, and Tarr Family Playground are the among the favorites.
- Madison Square Park. There’s a Shake Shack (burgers, fries, shakes) in the middle of the park.
- Silver Towers Playground is the closest playground to Times Square.