Updated February 26, 2016
Tips and Recommendations
- Naxos is the most family-friendly Greek Island. Great beaches, good food, great vibe, lots of family-run hotels.
- St George Beach (in Greek Agios Georgios) is an easy walk from all Naxos Town hotels and is the most kid-friendly beach on Naxos. It’s protected on 3 sides and very shallow for a long ways out.
- The wonderful beaches of Agios Prokopios, Agia Anna, and Plaka are all easily reached by bus from Naxos Town.
- Renting a car makes seeing the wonderful inland villages much easier (especially when traveling with kids).
The 11 Best Family Hotels on Naxos
Large rooms for families are few on Naxos. Book early as they get reserved early.
- Xenia Hotel – Naxos Town
Inexpensive and cheap rooms are smack in the middle of the Chora. Quadruple rooms have 3 single beds and a sofa bed. Saint George Beach is a 5 minute walk.
- Panorama Hotel Naxos – Naxos Town
Triples and quads. Great location for catching the ferry. (One of the cheapest hotels in Naxos Town with large rooms.)
- Nissaki Beach Hotel – Saint George Beach
Family rooms and 1 bedrooms suites. There’s a Nice pool and it’s a very short walk to the restaurants of Naxos Town. This is the best hotel on Naxos.
- Santa Katerina Apartments & Studios – Saint George Beach
Recently refurbished suites with kitchens and lots of room. It’s an easy walk to both Naxos Town and the beach.
- Kymata Hotel – Saint George Beach
Triples, quads, and suites. (Great budget choice.)
- Porto Naxos – Saint George Beach
Family rooms are two interconnected rooms each with their own bathroom. Nice pool. Beach and restaurants are a 5 minute walk.
- Kalergis Studios – Saint George Beach
Good sized family suites come with small kitchens and separate sleeping areas. The hotel is right on the beach. This is a great deal but the family rooms often sell out far in advance.
- Agios Prokopios Hotel – Agios Prokopios Beach
Apartments have kitchens, 1 double bed, and 2 single beds. A short walk to one of the best beaches on Naxos.
- Galaxy Hotel Naxos – Saint George Beach
Nice pool and a short walk to beach and restaurants. Triples and quadruples are good for families.
- Hotel Anemomilos – Agia Anna Beach
Triple and family rooms are good for families and come with a small kitchen. Steps from a great beach. Nice pool too.
- Naxos Kalimera Hotel & Studios – Agia Anna Beach
1 and 2 bedroom apartments have kitchens. Nice pool. 10 minute walk to a great beach.