Updated: August 31, 2016
Tips and Recommendations
- The best pastor tacos in Los Cabos are at El Gran Pastor (no seats, just stand and eat along the sidewalk). Delicious!
- The best restaurant in Cabo San Lucas is Edith’s (near but not on the beach).
- The best restaurant in San Jose del Cabo is La Lupita (great food and a fun, trendy atmosphere).
- The cooking course at Los Tamarindos (an organic farm just outside of San Jose del Cabo) is lots of fun, kid-friendly (sort of), and delicious.
- The best zip line is at El Tule Canyon (about 15 minutes from both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo).
- The best dolphin swim for kids is Cabo Dolphins in Cabo San Lucas. Yes, very touristy but we loved it.
- The Cabo Half-Day Luxury Sailing Adventure with Snorkeling is excellent. Cruise around the rocky headland with open bar and lunch on board. Staff is helpful and friendly. Easy to find in the marina in Cabo San Lucas.
Kid Friendly Hotels in Los Cabos, Mexico
Casa Dorada Los Cabos
Hotel phone: +52 624 163-5757
This is probably my favorite resort for families in Los Cabos. The main draw is that it has the best swimming beach in the area as the water here is protected by the headland. The pool is great, the vibe friendly, and downtown Cabo San Lucas is a short walk away. One Bedroom Suites are perfect for a family of 4. Two Bedroom Suites can sleep a family of 6. (The hotel does share the stretch of beach with a few party bars but it’s never that crazy and if you’re back at the pool or your room it’s not a bother at all.)
Playa Grande Resort
Hotel phone: +52 624 145-7500
Great kid-friendly resort an easy walk to downtown Cabo San Lucas. Beach is beautiful here but not swimmable so you’ll be spending plenty of time at the resort’s multiple pools, spa, or restaurants. The kids club is probably the best in Los Cabos. Junior Suites sleep a family of 4, Luxury Suites sleep a family of 5.
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa
Hotel phone: +52 624 145-6900
Huge one, two, and three bedroom villas with kitchen, living room, and washer/dryer. A great choice if you’re not on a tight budget. There are several pools and as guests of Villa La Estancia you can use the facilities at both neighboring hotels, with more swimming pools and even water slides. Cabo San Lucas is a beautiful 10 minute walk along the beach.
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
Hotel phone: +52 624 142-9999
The layout, the rooms, and the swimming pools (one of them a kids pool) are all great. The distance from town (Cabo San Lucas) and lackluster restaurants make it cheap for what you get but not for everyone.
The Bungalows Hotel
Hotel phone: +52 624 143-5035
Great budget hotel with hammocks and a homey feel. Eric and his family make guests feel at home from the moment they arrive. The pros: great breakfast, friendly staff, nice swimming pool. The cons: a bit of a trek to the beach (but downtown Cabo San Lucas is only a 5 minute walk).
Fiesta Americana Grand Resort
Hotel phone: +52 (624) 145-6200
Great breakfast, good food, friendly staff, and 5 fantastic pools. As with many resorts in the area, the beach is beautiful but not swimmable. Kids club is more of a play room than an activity. 15 minute drive to Cabo San Lucas, 20 minutes to San Jose del Cabo.
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
Hotel phone: +52 624 163 7730
Great resort right on the beach with large 2 bedroom suites for a family of 4. It’s a short drive (walking distance for the energetic) to San Jose del Cabo and its charming downtown and restaurants. Cabo Dolphins is directly across the street from the resort and lots of fun for both kids and adults.