Our Family Trip To London
We just got back from London. Here are some pictures and suggestions for enjoying your family trip to London.
Where We Went
- London Transport Museum – Highly recommended for ages 5 and up.
- London Science Museum – Recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Museum of London Docklands – Highly recommended for ages 8 and up.
- British Museum – Highly recommended for ages 7 and up. Family visit info here.
- Imperial War Museum – Highly recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Tower of London – Highly recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Tower Bridge – The bridge lift times will help you time your visit with when the bridge goes up.
- Natural History Museum – Highly recommended for ages 5 and up.
- National Army Museum – Good for ages 8 and up for the museum; ages 1 to 5 for the Kids’ Zone.
- Tate Modern – Recommended for ages 9 and up.
- National Portrait Gallery – Recommended for ages 8 and up.
- Hamleys Toy Shop – Recommended for kids that like toys.
- Borough Market – Great fun and food for the whole family.
- Double Decker Bus Ride (video) – Skip the expensive tourist buses. Grab a map for buses from a tube station and take a bus that runs through the city center. Buses come seemingly every 5 to 7 minutes so you never have to wait long.
- The Golden Hind Restaurant in Marylebone for superb fish n’ chips. This was the best place we ate in London (besides some great Indian restaurants).