This isn’t a budget hotel but the Casa Camper gets fantastic reviews from families. The location (near La Catalunya station and Las Ramblas), the staff, and the breakfast are among its many attractions. Kids will love the tasty fruits and snacks that are help-yourself all day in the lobby. Print out a map to help your taxi driver, as it’s somewhat hard to find down a quiet street.
The Montecarlo is a stunner. Parents are wowed by the hotel’s easy efficiency, fantastic service and simple but elegant layout. Located right on Las Ramblas it’s walking distance from Plaça de Catalunya, The Gothic Quarter and the cruise terminals. The only complaint: no swimming pool.
Let’s see: Great service, beautiful rooftop pool, excellent location, close to the subway, simple but adequate breakfast. Stay above the 7th floor to avoid any rumble from the nearby train. The breakfast is probably not worth the 15 Euros.
A central location, spacious rooms and friendly staff put Hotel Regina among the family favorites in Barcelona. Starbucks (if you must) next door and Bus Turistic just around the corner. Good size rooms will be appealing to both parents and children.
The Europark earns high marks for its location (central but in a quiet area), proximity to 2 metro stops (Girona and Passeig de Gracia), and rooftop swimming pool. It’s a great deal for traveling families (but with so many great eateries nearby don’t bother with the hotel restaurant).
This one is recommended if you’re arriving by train (the Barcelo-Sants train station is right across the street) or car (you can avoid the traffic of central Barcelona). It’s slightly removed from the main attractions of Barcelona (e.g. Las Ramblas) but close to 2 subway stops that can whisk you anywhere quickly. The higher rooms and rooftop terrace offer majestic views of Barcelona. Families can grab a voucher from the front desk to use the swimming pool at the neighboring Expo hotel.
Hotels In Barcelona With Swimming Pools
- Fira Palace Hotel (outdoor pool)
- Hotel 1898 (indoor pool and heated rooftop outdoor pool)
- Rey Juan Carlos I Hotel (indoor heated pool with fee – free for kids – and seasonal outdoor pool that has no fee)
- Grand Hotel Central (amazing rooftop pool)
- Claris Hotel Barcelona (rooftop pool and sauna)
- Condes de Barcelona (small rooftop pool)
- Catalonia Barcelona Plaza Hotel (no shallow end can make it difficult for kids and non-swimmers)
- Hotel Majestic (small rooftop pool)
- Casa Fuster Hotel (small rooftop pool)
- Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel (small rooftop pool)
- Expo Hotel Barcelona (rooftop pool)
- Hotel HCC Regente (small rooftop pool)
- Barcelona Universal Hotel
- America Hotel Barcelona (beautiful rooftop pool and jacuzzi)
- AC Hotel Diplomatic by Marriott (small outdoor pool)